Thanksgiving and the festive season are around the corner and it's a wake up call to start preparing for 2018.
Team HC have thrown some thoughts together, to start the New Year with a bang. We are not talking about resolutions (because, lets be honest, who on earth keeps their New Years resolutions?) these are a few helpful pointers to lead you in the right direction for that killer work life balance next year.
First, lets take a closer look at the work side.
Here are three recommendations Team HC find helpful to stay organised while your schedule changes:
1. Plan your time, we love the BestMe Journal.
The BestMeLife Journal is chock-full of clever and effective methods to help increase your energy, focus and wellbeing.
A flexible weekly planner with space to create, dream and make progress. The perfect way to start the year as you mean to go on.
PS, along side the BestMeLife journal is BestMe Buddy. A journal designed for 7-13 year olds, inspire the young people in your life to focus and be mindful with you.
2. Set milestones you want to achieve and the steps you need to achieve them with pictures.
So create a mood board and focus. Picture your goals, health habits and your key ideas.
Think big and work backwards, you know you want to change your future.
If you break your ideas down and you can see your end game, every thing is less over whelming.
3. Design a safe space – somewhere you are not distracted. If that’s not an option, you can always think of somewhere calm and inspiring to head to.
We know how hard it is to take the leap in your career, to lose track of your habits, your teammates, your work commute, basically your daily life routine. You do not have to use your lovely cosy home or a crowded coffee shop and don't believe that you will start from scratch.
You can start a membership in a co-working space like Hunter Collective. A new home where you can build your business surrounded by professionals like you. Find help and comfort in a community of creative freelancers.
However creating a plan for your business is not just about a new career profile, it is also about improving your lifestyle. It’s a great time to lose bad habits and try something new.
In fact, in big cities like London, we tend to do like the French always say: “Metro, Boulot, Dodo”, which is literally translated as: “Tube, Work, Sleep”.
Most of time, we force ourselves to believe that we don’t have enough time in the day or we are too tired and we forget little ‘things’ that bring us happiness. Remind yourself to undertake fun activities. Give your personal life small goals like your work life. It doesn’t have to be everyday or 3 times a week, monthly will do! Our co founder LH-F mantra - we have just as many hours in the day as Beyonce.
Here are a few HC ideas to keep a clear head and enrich your personal time:
1. Follow a blog. AFROW is our discovery of the week. "A trip to my blog will find you meandering through the streets of art, fashion, music, poetry and so much more…" love it.
2. Find an event to go to. Why not head to a gig, Lady Gaga at the O2 in February 2018 or an Hunter Collective Collaboration event. HC runs events every month. Keep updated with TWITTER - INSTAGRAM - FACEBOOK
3. Participate in workshops. General Assembly is a campus based in Aldgate East, London, pioneering education and career transformation offering training in Tech, Data, Design, Business, and more. You can found free & paid workshops/classes HERE.
4. Buy yourself a cook book. HC recommends: THE Vegetarian Bowl of Goodness. Found it HERE.
5. Treat yourself more. Hunter Collective has a panel of amazing beauty freelancers. Drop us a call or an email and we will recommend us a hair stylist, a manicurist or even a lash artist. Follow the link, HERE.
6. Create a personal bucket list. The Yoga Class you never took, go to the Cinema alone, learn the banana cake recipe you never have time to bake…
It's six weeks to the end of 2017, it is the perfect time to regroup, start afresh and reinvent yourself for the better.
Have a fabulous end to the year.